Progress so far
So far, the Jesuits have held two Education for Justice workshops in Zimbabwe. One involved educators from all Jesuit schools and was run in parallel with the Education for Justice Colloquium for UK educators in London on the 26th of September 2014. A second workshop was held for St. Peter’s Mbare Primary and Secondary schools in Harare (Mbare Primary is in a partnership with Donhead Primary school in Wimbledon). The workshops focused on teachers’ capacities to identify and address issues of social justice and to disseminate the values and vision of Education for Justice in their own schools and communities. In the next months, the Jesuits of Zimbabwe will work with local teachers to identify opportunities to highlight issues of social justice in the schools’ curriculum.
Take Action: please support Education for Justice and invest in Zimbabwe’s children by donating to Jesuit Missions.
- 30 pounds can buy a set of literacy books for 2 pupils.
- 100 pounds can buy hearing screening for 15 children. Most mild hearing conditions can be rectified after screening.
- 500 pounds can buy a one day training course for 50 teachers.
- 1000 pounds will enable 3 schools to set up local income generation projects.
Print outs of promotional material on Education for Justice Zimbabwe are available here:
- Education for Justice Zim A5 fundraising poster
- Education for Justice Zim poster Primary
- Education for Justice Zim poster Secondary
For more information about Education for Justice, please contact us at email@example.com